Customer Data and Privacy Statement
A full record of every Purchase and related transaction between you and Digital Voodoo shall be maintained on the Site for a period of 12 months following the date of such Purchase or related transaction. You can view and print such record during the 12month period, where after you are responsible for retaining your own record of the relevant sale or related transaction.
VOUCHERS & COUPONS
Digital Voodoo may make physical and/or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and promotional vouchers/coupons (“Coupons”) available from time to time. Gift Vouchers may be made available for purchase on the Site, while Promotional Coupons may be available through the Site and/or third party websites, magazines and/or other media.
Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid (their specified expiry dates being unable to be extended), on the Site towards the purchase of Products listed on the Site.
Physical Gift Vouchers can be purchased and will be delivered in the same way that Products are, while electronic Gift Vouchers, once purchased, will be linked to your Wow Design account.
Promotional Coupons are issued at Digital Voodoo own discretion. Users do not have a right to Promotional Coupons and they cannot be earned.
Promotional Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself –
• a Coupon can only be used with promotional offers on the Site;
• only one Coupon can be used per shopping basket; and
• the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you. Please note the following exception in this regard: should the value of the Products in your shopping basket have qualified for ‘Free Delivery’, but after application of the Coupon to such basket, the remaining balance is less than the value required in order to qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs in respect of such basket will be added and be payable by you
Promotional Coupons cannot be -
• used to purchase other Coupons or Vouchers;
• exchanged for cash; or
• transferred or assigned to any other person.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Digital Voodoo suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall be used for your personal use only and not be disclosed to any third party.
You allow Digital Voodoo to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Site and back-office applications.
All credit card transactions on the Site are secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced through various encryption processes in order to provide the most effective protection possible for all sensitive payment information. Digital Voodoo does not access any confidential information about your means of payment, which is why you will be asked for your banking details each time you place an Order. Only Digital Voodoo banking partner from time to time, will access confidential information (such as your card number, validity date etc).
Digital Voodoo registration documents and the Site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte.
Save for Digital Voodoo being liable to you –
• under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) in relation to any Products sold by it to you via the Site; and
• under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to Digital Voodoo payment systems not being sufficiently secure,
neither Digital Voodoo nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Site or the Services or content provided from and through this Site. Furthermore, Digital Voodoo makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Site are free from errors or omissions or that the Service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors by way of email to www.michaelmikiala.com or by contacting the Call Centre at 011 039 8610.
Although the Products sold via the Site may be under warranty, the Site itself is supplied on an "as is" basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these T&C that the service available from and through this Site will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Digital Voodoo and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Site.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the ‘Disputes’ clause of these T&C. You and Digital Voodoo submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Each and every provision of these T&C shall be deemed to be separate and severable from the remaining provisions of these T&C and if any of the provisions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid and/or unenforceable
then, notwithstanding such invalidity and/or unforceability, the remaining provisions of these T&C shall be and remain of full force and effect.
Digital Voodoo shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.info.gov.za/view/DownloadFileAction?id=68186
Digital Voodoo may electronically collect, store and use the following of your personal information:
• name and surname;
• birth date;
• country of residence;
• closest city;
• non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
• e-mail address;
• IP address; and
• ID number / passport number.
Digital Voodoo collects, stores and uses the above mentioned information for the following purposes:
• to greet you when you access the Site;
• to inform you of any changes to these T&C;
• to inform you of facts regarding purchases made by you, including relating to delivery of Products;
• subject to your consent, to inform you of other facts relating to your access and use of the Site;
• subject to your consent, to inform you about competitions and special offers from Digital Voodoo and/or its partners / affiliates;
• to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Site;
• to verify your identity when transacting with Digital Voodoo; and
• to ensure that the Products are received by the addressee.
Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by you. You may determine cookie use independently through your browser settings.
You may elect not to receive any communications from Digital Voodoo and/or its partners / affiliates.
Digital Voodoo may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from you, subject to the following provisions:
Digital Voodoo shall not disclose your personal information unless you consent thereto or unless require for the purposes of any legal process.
• Digital Voodoo may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual; and
• Digital Voodoo owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Digital Voodoo.
You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (i.e. your full names, delivery address, email address, and contact number) will be disclosed to the courier company/ies used from time to time to enable delivery of Products Purchased to you.