Defects, Refunds and Returns
Should you not be satisfied with any Product purchased by you by reason of a defect, incorrect choice of Product, or otherwise, you may, under certain circumstances, be entitled to either be credited, refunded or have the Product repaired or replaced, as the case may be. The Returns Policy regulates your rights in this regard.
Digital Voodoo Cancellation & Returns Policy is as follows:
Should a Product you have ordered be –
• temporarily unavailable, Digital Voodoo will notify you thereof as well as the anticipated delay in delivery and, unless you agree to wait for such longer period for delivery, or accept delivery of another product in its stead or a credit on your Digital Voodoo account, Digital Voodoo will issue a full refund in respect of that Product to you within 30 days after such notice;
• permanently unavailable, Digital Voodoo will notify you and, unless you agree to accept another product in its stead or a credit on your Digital Voodoo account, Digital Voodoo will issue a full refund in respect of that Product to you within 30 days after such notice.
NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS (YOUR RIGHT TO ‘COOL OFF’)
Save for certain exceptional cases (including purchases of underwear, swimwear, earrings and Products made to your specifications, such as ‘made to order’ Products), you are entitled to cancel any Purchase concluded on this Site within 7 days after having received the Product and to obtain a full purchase price refund within 30 days thereafter. However, such Product must then be returned at your risk and expense in accordance with the Return Procedure set out in clause: PROCESSING OF CREDITS AND REFUNDS, below.
Consequently, if upon receiving your Product, you are not satisfied with your choice of Product and wish to possibly return it for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the Product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. In particular, if you want to return non-defective jewellery and/or accessories, same must still be in the mint condition you received them in, and in their original packaging.
If the incorrect Product is delivered to you by mistake (ie it is not the Product you Purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging or try the Product on at all. Please promptly contact the Digital Voodoo call center at 011 039 8610 to notify Digital Voodoo thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you, as quickly as possible.
If, within 7 days after delivery of a Product to you,
• you find that the Product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by Digital Voodoo at time of purchase), or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (“Defective”); and
• you arrange to return such product to Digital Voodoo for inspection (at Digital Voodoo expense), in accordance with the Returns Procedure below,
and the Product is subsequently found –
• to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either (a) be fully refunded, or (b) have the Product replaced at Digital Voodoo expense (the decision between repairing or replacing being that of Digital Voodoo depending on availability and other relevant circumstances, and in this regard you acknowledge that Promotional and Sale products will usually only be able to be repaired);
• NOT to be Defective, you will not be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having such Product returned to Digital Voodoo and then re-delivered to you.
When is a Product ‘Defective’?
Please note: the following are examples of things which will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above:
• Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
• Damage arising from incorrect usage of the Product;
• Clothing not fitting you because your measurements do not accord with our clothing sizes;
• Products not fitting you properly due to you not having measured yourself accurately in accordance with the guidelines found in your Account.
Certain Products may come with a supplier’s guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the Product listing on the Site. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no Member may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such Product listing.
You may not under any circumstances return the following:
• Non-defective Products which have been ‘made to order’ (You will be notified in the relevant Online Sale if the Products are ‘made to order’)
• For hygiene reasons, due to their nature: non-defective underwear, swimwear and earrings
• Products which you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by Digital Voodoo.
RETURN PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED
Please note that our boutique designers cannot accept your returns. In order to be fully eligible for any credit, refund, repair or replacement under this Returns Policy, Products must be returned directly to Digital Voodoo, in accordance with the provisions of this clause 6.
Using the invoice relevant to the Purchase of the Product you want to return as a reference, you must contact Digital Voodoo call center at 011 039 8610 and book a return, stating the reason entitling such return under this Return Policy (ie you are ‘cooling off’ within 7 days, or the Product is Defective). Following such a call, Digital Voodoo will send you an official returns authorisation document (“RA document”), specifying the Order details and the reasons for the return, which document must accompany the Product when returned.
Digital Voodoo will then arrange for the collection of the Product from you (or your gift recipient if applicable) to be returned by secure courier.
You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed (by you or your gift recipient as the case may be) so as to comply with the following:
• the aforesaid RA document sent to you by Digital Voodoo has been attached to the Product (which means that if the Product is being collected from your gift recipient, then it is your responsibility to send a copy of such RA document to your gift recipient for attachment to the Product); and
• the Product is properly protected, with its original packaging, and, save where being returned due to being Defective, is still in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie not damaged or soiled, and the swing tag is still attached) together with any accessories, instructions and documentation.
A non-Defective Product will not be accepted as a valid return if it clearly shows signs of having been subject to lasting use (longer than a few minutes). In other words the Products must not show marks of extended use beyond the time required to try them on and/or test them and must be in a condition allowing them to be resold.
Where jewellery and/or accessories are to be returned, the returned Product(s) will be examined by skilled professionals and if it is found that any returned Product has been tampered with or, in the case of an incorrect Product, that the Product is not in mint condition, it will not be accepted as a return.
PROCESSING OF CREDITS AND REFUNDS
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be effected on the credit card used to Purchase the Product.
Where your account has been credited, you will be entitled to use such credit towards other purchases made by you on the Site. We endeavour to process your refund within 5 business days of receiving a returned product and/or us accepting a refund request as valid.